Adoption Attorney in Victorville
Helping Families Grow, One Child at a Time
At Law Office of Heather Hinton, we have substantial experience handling the complex legal procedures and frustrating obstacles involved in the adoption process. Our Victorville adoption lawyer has the knowledge and resources you need to successfully navigate all the necessary steps and can ensure that you meet all the requirements.
Let us handle everything so that you can focus on preparing to welcome the newest member of your family. Call (760) 313-3188 today or contact us online to schedule a consultation with family adoption lawyers near you.
Handling a Range of Adoptions
Adopting a child is a wonderful way to improve a child’s life and increase the joy in your home. However, the process of adding a child to one’s family can be quite the ordeal, especially without proper legal assistance.
Law Office of Heather Hinton represents clients in a variety of adoption cases, including:
- Open adoptions
- Closed adoptions
- Domestic adoptions
- International adoptions
- Private adoptions
- Stepparent adoptions
- Termination of parental rights
- Paternal registry
Helping You Overcome Adoption Obstacles
There are typically many obstacles that prospective adoptive parents need to hurdle during the adoption process. Obtaining qualified legal counsel at the outset can help ensure that you handle these issues effectively to avoid difficulties later on.
Our family adoption lawyers near you can overcome a variety of obstacles, including:
- Challenges by the birth parents: Sometimes, birth parents decide that they have made a mistake and petition to get their children back. They might claim they have a legal basis to do so, including that the adoption took place under circumstances of fraud, duress, or coercion. During the adoption process, our family law attorney works to ensure that the birth parents consent to the adoption freely and voluntarily so that there is a successful termination of parental rights. This results in a final adoption that cannot be challenged.
- Challenges by the putative father: In cases that involve adopting the child of a single mother, individuals sometimes run into the resistance of a biological father. The birth father may choose to exercise his right to claim the child. Our legal team can help in two ways. First, we can take the necessary steps to identify fathers and obtain consent. If this does not work, we can take the matter to court in an attempt to get a judge to terminate the father’s parental rights. The judge will make his decision based on the child’s best interests.
The Adoption Process Basics
The adoption process in California can vary depending on the type of adoption being pursued. A stepparent adoption can run differently from a closed adoption, and an international adoption is different from a domestic adoption. All that said, adoptions have a few general steps that our skilled Victorville adoption lawyers can help with:
- Find a skilled adoption attorney
- Filling out & filing forms with the court
- Consent from the birth parent (only in some cases)
- Undergoing an interview & submitting to investigation
- Getting a court date and going forward with the adoption
Choose Our Experienced Adoption Attorney in Victorville
When considering adoption and the challenges seem overwhelming, find a caring and compassionate advocate at Law Office of Heather Hinton. Our family law attorney near you is prepared to play an active role in every step of the adoption process. From helping you determine what type of adoption will suit your needs to the finalization of the adoption in court, we can be there for you through it all.
Our adoption lawyers near you offer skilled and experienced assistance to help you bring your child home as soon as legally possible. Contact us online or at (760) 313-3188 now to begin the process.
Why Choose Our Firm?Here Are Three Important Reasons
Whether it is in the courtroom or at the negotiation table, Heather Hinton will advise on the best approach based on your unique situation.
Every case has its own intricate facts that Heather Hinton will carefully review in order to provide targeted legal advice for your legal matter.
Heather Hinton works with clients one-on-one so they can gain the full and unimpeded benefit of her legal experience and knowledge.